Friday, July 4, 2014

I am half Kirabati and half Canadian hahaha

June 22, 2014

Tuesday was awesome, I got to work with Elder Ingalls!!!! It was awesome. I'll send you some pictures and stuff but that was pretty magical, I wish I could work with him so bad. He came from another island because he had to get some dental work done and then we got to work together because I was close to the Dental office. Then later on that night I went to a party with my Kiribati family that came back from Wotje for the summer, it was mama Bonnie's 49th birthday, and then also she made the announcement that as part of her Kiribati culture she officially adopted me into her family and I am now half Kiribati and half Canadian hahaha. It was really cool in all honesty. In terms of lessons and people and stuff, this week was kind of slow, but every single one of the lessons we had this week were just powerful, and we have a lot of people who are progressing and doing well. It's really not about the numbers or how many lessons you get, it's about changing people and inviting them to make that change. So that was a good lesson I learned from this past week, that sometimes just based on your numbers you feel like you're not accomplishing anything but then you begin to realize and see all the people that are doing well. As long as we are going out and trying our best based on the situation we are put in, so that was nice. What else... Oh the sister's had a baptism this week and also another set of elders in my district, so they are doing well. I was able to baptize the sister's investigators and I will send some pictures, because I got some pretty good ones this week, I think that's about all for the week, I love you all a bunch!
Lots of lovin'
From Elder Jordan Michelson 
This is from the island of Wotje
 Elder Michelson and Elder Ingalls together again
Sisters baptisms Elder Michelson got to perform

No comments:

Post a Comment