Sunday, May 11, 2014

It's been a long 3 months

So I haven't been posting any emails because we haven't received any. I just got my first one late Friday night saying that he gets to call!! YA HOO best Mother's Day Gift ever. I didn't think it was going to happen but was very surprised! Of course I cried. He said he will start emailing regularly now, so hopefully this blog will get regular posts again.

Here are the 2 I got that I didn't post

Feb. 17, 2014

I'm gonna kill someone, the message didn't send uhhhh.... Well I'm
good life is good, and I don't even know what to say now. Okay
well let's see I guess we'll go to the condensed version, I was a
judge for a speech contest for educational week here in Wotje, that
was cool. They also want us to teach English at the high school so
we'll see about that. We have a phone out here, which is nice, but 

the service is kind of shotty. My companions name is Francis Va'aulu 
and he's the man, just a way humble nice guy. There's no priesthood 
out here, no branchnno branch president, no church building, no sacrament 
trays, like literally nothing. So it's kind of cool, we take the sacrament from
the same cup and just pass it around. People feed us all the time, and
that's nice, sometimes we'll get fish or traditional marshallese
cooking, which is cool. They love talking about food here, if
we cook it's like ramen and some sort of canned meat, so yeah that's
always fun...  at least there is food! Haven't exactly
picked up Kiribati yet because I don't have a book to learn it, but
the kids know Marshallese, so that helps. They are our most
progressing investigators, their names are Toantau and Uonite and they
should be baptized soon if we can get baptismal clothes. Sorry this email 

sucks and is short, but the computer deleted the
other longer one that I sent, which sucks... But yeah I'll tell you
all about Wotje either when I get back to Majuro or when I'm home.

I'm keeping a good journal :p but I love you all tons and thanks
for everything! Elder Tentau got his package and was apparently pretty
stoked! Thanks for your kindness and all that you do!
Lots of lovin'
From Elder Jordan Michelson


So this was the most painful process ever, I waited like an hour
and a half yesterday only for this not to work, and then waited an
hour today and finally got on, so this is a blessing that I finally
was able to sign into this ridiculous thing, oh my goodness I think
that was the most frustrated I've been on my mission.

Lots of lovin'
From your Son Elder Jordan Michelson



No comments:

Post a Comment