Monday, December 29, 2014

we had a run in with a member of another church who really didn't like what we were saying

November 3, 2014

Okay so about the letters and stuff... I still suck at it, and I just don't know plus all the letters that I got I left them on Majuro, it's hard to find time to sit down and write a letter, so everyone that has written me tell them I am extremely thankful for the letters and that I wish I could respond to them all, but I don't have time. I'm sorry if I sound like a punk, and just don't care, but it's hard to get it done when your companion doesn't take time to write letters, I don't want to have to waste his time if he doesn't have anyone to write. So I'm sorry about that once more. When I get home I'll have to get some thank you cards out or something. But yeah this week was a pretty good one, we had some success and one of our investigators is going to be baptized this saturday, which is pretty exciting. He's 19 and is a solid young man, it's cool to see the difference that he has made since we first got here. So that will be nice. Also we had a run in with a member of another church who really didn't like what we were saying haha he just had to prove that we were wrong and wanted to bible bash with us, which literally accomplishes nothing. He just kept talking to us, and kept trying to prove how it's not possible that Joseph Smith was a prophet and how God doesn't talk to us anymore, it was kind of a sad argument. It just amazes me that people will take words from the bible and distort them, or take other things and take away the basic meaning of the message. We testified of Jesus Christ the entire time but this guy kept bringing it back to Joseph Smith and how we worship him and whatever, but anyways the reason why I told that story was because there was a man in that house that we were studying with and this Full Gospel member was trying to get us to stop. I felt I needed to fast for both our investigator and this other man, and then right after I began my fast another lady from the same house came up to us and apologized for her little brother's actions and told us that we were welcome to continue teaching our investigator. That just showed me that fasting truly does have power and that maybe sometimes it won't be answered the way that we think, but he will answer. So that was my cool experience from the week I guess! Also I guess I have to apologize for not sending pictures, you can't send them from the computers here so maybe I'll ask the Schaffer's to send you some. To answer your other questions though, the district is doing well, we had 3 baptisms last week. I work with people mostly just going around and spreading the gospel, nothing different from before. Umm Elder Parkinson emailed me once, but I haven't heard from him since. There is a variety of people in our district, there are people from New Zealand, Fiji, Hawaii, Utah, Arizona, Canada and that's pretty much it. Umm my favourite scripture from the week is not just one verse, its just simply Abinadi's testimony of the Savior. I find it amazing how despite him not coming yet, despite all the tribulations and trials he had to go through, he still stood firm in what he knew to be true. I guess that shows to me how close he must have been and how in tune to the spirit he was, that the Savior truly did make himself known unto him. I think that it's easier for us because we have all this proof that he did come, so many biblical accounts prophets today, and all of that, but Abinadi didn't have all those witnesses that we now have, and I just found that really amazing as I thought about it. So that was what stuck out to me this week, oh and also just randomly saying, but we had a really fun halloween, they put on a talent show and had all this face painting and stuff and we just had a pretty good time! That was probably one of the most fun experiences I've had on my mission, and sometimes you have to have some of those too, don't know if you saw any of those pictures or not, and I haven't been taking pictures because my camera died and I don't have the charger... So I'll try and copy some before I go home. I think that's about all for this week though, thanks and hope you have an awesome time on your safari!
Lots of lovin'
From Elder Jordan Michelson


No comments:

Post a Comment