Monday, December 29, 2014

We had a couple of interesting lessons

November 10, 2014

Okay well this week we had a baptism for 3 of our companionships, the sisters our central elders and one from our area, so that was really good and they are all really solid investigators. There were 2 19 year olds and a 14 year old boy so that should be a strength to the youth here. We also had a couple of interesting lessons where we tried to teach this one kid and he literally said nothing to us the entire time a little bit awkward, but we'll see if we can make it a little better. We also have been working with this one couple who are doing well, they said they will get married at the end of this month, which is still kind of weird to me because all the couples that I work with never end up getting married. They are serious about it though and have been doing really well in the lessons. It's awesome to see the changes that people can make, we just need to help them come to church and they will be ready for baptism. So that's awesome, their names are scott and lita. Excited that we found them and they've been progressing well. I guess other than that there is nothing all that new going on n Using Danae's story has definitely helped open the hearts of some of the investigators, I will use that when I teach the plan of salvation. It does help when I can testify that I know there is something after this life and that we can be with our families forever. So yeah, in studies I recently started reading the teachings of the prophet John Taylor which has really been pretty interesting, especially his testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith, and the divinity of his calling, his personal witness of the prophet really helped me realize truly how much Joseph Smith has done for this church. I also have learned a lot about the plan of salvation from his book, hopefully before I go home I'll also be able to read a couple of the other prophets books before I go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment