Monday, December 29, 2014

We did meet a few new people this week

October 27, 2014

Well this week was kind of slow I guess, there was a primary presentation and a lot of the kids that we were studying with were busy with that, which is good, but at the same time makes our life kind of slow. Also there was a funeral which is a pretty big deal here and no one really wanted to see us, they were all just kind of gone or busy or whatever. We did meet a couple new people and hopefully should have some success pretty soon, I just want to make this area better than it was when I got here. Just trying to work more with the members and strengthen the youth here, because there aren't a whole lot of young men, so trying to see what we can do with that. I don't think I've done that much to help the district improve, I just changed the attitude a little bit hopefully and we also have some great elders and sisters out here right now. I guess in terms of my studies, still been studying with the same focus and plan on doing so until the end of my mission. Just learning more about Christ and how I can better follow him and hear his voice in the book of mormon. One thing that stuck out to me this week was the concept of devoting all your time and efforts to serving him. And if we do that he will strengthen us and allow us to do things that we could not do with our own strength. I also liked the promise that if we do all things we will ultimately gain eternal life and become as he is, which is still a hard concept to grasp for me. The possibility that I can literally become perfect and be as Jesus Christ is, is amazing to me. Obviously that takes a lifetime of work, and will require a lot of effort, but I found that to be a really good promise and it helped me in a couple of the lessons that I had this week. As far as I know the couple that I was working with never did end up getting baptized, at least not yet, but I will check and see again because that would kind of not be all that fun if it didn't work out, because they are awesome. The members out here are awesome, they always feed us and will help us, tell us where other people live and whatnot, I think I have 3 ladies that I call mama now. The one family that we go see quite a bit is the Stephen family and they are helping us teach a couple YSA aged young men. The lessons are going well and hopefully one of them will be able to be baptized in 2 weeks, his name is Labuji hahaha good luck trying to pronounce that one right, but he's pretty solid and we had a really good lesson with him last night. Also we've been working with the Couple missionaries from Cardston who are doing an awesome job trying to give the youth here something to do, because in the tiny crowded island, there isn't a whole lot to do to say the least. They are awesome, I feel like I told you that before but it's all good I just love the S they help us out quite a bit.  I think that's about all for this week, Elder L came here and is now training Elder S which is both good and bad. Haha I miss having s around just because he was the man and was just nice to have around. But it'll be good for him to actually be with one missionary, because being with 2 you just have less time to speak and don't learn as fast. Thank you all for all the support and the kindness! I hope you also have an awesome week in Africa! Once again kind of jealous, but I guess that's just part of life haha.
Lots of lovin'
From Elder Jordan Michelson



No comments:

Post a Comment